It goes without say that, for local shops, Christmas is the busiest time of year. The Christmas shop window competition, organised by Barcelona City Hall, celebrates its 3rd anniversary this year.
All local shops are invited to take part in the following neighbourhoods:
- Bon Pastor (Sant Andreu)
- Baró de Viver (Sant Andreu)
- Trinitat Vella (Sant Andreu)
- Torre Baró (Nou Barris)
- Ciutat Meridiana (Nou Barris)
- Roquetes (Nou Barris)
- Trinitat Nova (Nou Barris)
- Besòs-Maresme (Sant Martí)
- La Marina (Sants-Montjuïc)
The purpose of this initiative is to attract shoppers to the neighbourhoods that are taking part, by making local commerce more attractive to both locals and tourists alike, and thereby encouraging spending in these areas. It is, without a doubt, a fabulous way to enjoy the Christmas shopping experience in the Catalan capital even more.